Regional Project Management Conference 2018
“Transformational Leadership for Project Success”
Agenda for Day 1 – June 29, 2018
- 9:00 9:10 : Traditional Lighting of Oil Lamp by Chief Guest & Invitees
- 9:10 9:15 : National Anthem
- 9:15 9:30 : Welcome Address – Mr. Ganesh Wijenayake, President – PMI Sri Lanka
- 9:30 9:45 : Address by Chief Guest – Mr. Kumarasinghe Sirisena – Chairman, Sri Lanka Telecom PLC
- 9:45 10:30 : Transformational Leadership – Stefan Moraes – MD and Founder, 3W Group
- 10:30 10:50: Morning Tea
- 10:50 11:35: Outside the Box: the concept of horizontal Project Management – James Issam Mengad – Senior Project Manager – Adidas
- 11:35 12:05 : Gen Zs are Booming: Is Project Management Ready? – Amila Aluthwela – Senior Manager, Mobitel (Pvt.) Ltd
- 12:05 12:45 : Presentation on Internationally recongnized award winning innovative project – Nasal Airflow Detection and Flow Rate Measuring – Dr. Mahesh Edirisinghe – Commissioner, Sri Lanka Inventors Commission
- 12:45 13:45 : Lunch
- 13:45 14:30 : Innovation for Project Management Success – PMI Award Winning Case Study – Malindu Hapuarachchi – Manager, Project Management, Mobitel (Pvt) Ltd
- 14:30 15:00 : Perseverance in Leadership for breakthrough – Case study in inventing the first payment solution in Sri Lanka – Dhanika Perera – CEO, Basha Lanka
- 15:00 15:20 : Afternoon Tea
- 15:20 16:30 Panel Discussion – Impact of transformational leadership in Project Management – Moderator – Mano Sekaram, Priyanga Gunasekara, Yohann Dias, Dr. Hugo Wisidagama, S. Mahendiran
Agenda for Day 2 – June 30, 2018
- 9:00 9:10 : Traditional Lighting of Oil Lamp by Invitees
- 9:10 9:15 : National Anthem
- 9:15 9:30 : Address by Executive Vice President PMI Sri Lanka Chapter Shanaka de Silva
- 9:30 10:15: Digital Transformation with SAP in the New Age – Abhigyan Shivaditya – Technology Solution Engineer, SAP
- 10:15 10:45: Transformational leadership for large program management – Arbinda Bhar – Director Training, PMI West Bengal Chapter
- 10:45 11:05 : Morning Tea
- 11:05 11:50 : Artificial Intelligence based PM – Dr. Prasanna Lokuge – Director Information Systems, Sri Lanka Ports Authority
- 11:50 12:20 : Automation in transformation – Dharshan Cooray – Director ICT Skills council, Fomer Executive Director SLASSCOM
- 12:20 12:35 : Digital Transformation in spends management – Krishna Shroff – Regional Sales Director, SAP
- 12:35 13:05 : Blue Ocean Strategy Implementation for Project Success – Mangala Yapa – Director, Board of Investment of Sri Lanka
- 13:05 14:05 : Lunch
- 14:05 14:35 : Complex Program Management – Measure What Matters? – Harendra Samarasinghe – Head of Delivery, Virtusa
- 14:35 15:05 : Showcase of Best Practices and Tools in Project Management – Sunil Chandra – General Manager, Company Transformation Program, Sri Lanka Telecom
- 15:05 15:25 : Afternoon Tea
- 15:25 16:25 : Panel Discussion – Risk Management in distruptive environment – Moderator: Dushyantha Dassanayake, Arbinda Bhar, Lalith Withana, Stefan Moraes, James Issam Mengad
SAARC PM Conference 2010, Colombo, Sri Lanka
SAARC Project Management Conference 2010 with the theme “Economic Development through Best Practices in Project Management” was held successfully at Galadari Hotel on September 2010, Colombo Sri Lanka.
Regional Project Management Conference 2012, Colombo, Sri Lanka
A two day Regional Project Management Conference 2012 with the theme “Accelerate National Development through the Best Practices of Project Management” was held successfully at Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel on April 2012, Colombo Sri Lanka.
Project Management Symposium 2013, Colombo, Sri Lanka
In line with the Global direction of the Project Management institute, to conduct conferences, the Project Management Symposium 2013 with the theme “Igniting the Passion for Sucess in Project Management” was held successfully on the November 2013, at the Kingsbury, Colombo Sri Lanka.
Project Management Excellance Awards 2013, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka Chapter of Project Management institute,conducted for the first time in Sri Lanka the National Project Management excellence Awards. The intension was to reward PMs who excelled in their respective industry virticles . Was held successfully on the November 2013, at the Kingsbury, Colombo Sri Lanka.
PM Conference 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka
The Project Management Conference 2016 with the theme “Orchestrate for success” was held at the Galle Face hotel in March 2016 along with the Regional Leadership Institute meeting.
PMI Conference 2018
This year the Project Management Conference and the National Project Management Excellence Awards (NPME) to recognize the Best of the Best in Project Management is scheduled to be held in June 29-30, 2018 at the Hotel Cinnamon Lakeside , Colombo. The theme of the conference is “Transformational leadership for project success” and the organizers expect the event to be a resounding success.
The two events organized under the same auspices.
Regional Project Management Conference 2018 which is open to the general public. Over 400 professionals in project management arena including C-level officers of leading conglomerates will be participating for this event.
Regional Project Management Excellence Awards (NPME) to recognize the Best of the Best in Project Management.
Program and Resource Personnel
This conference provides over 16 hours of extensive knowledge sharing activities on Project Management, Leadership, Governance, Lean, Digital, Risk etc with discussions, presentations and networking opportunities spanning two days with an awards night and networking cocktails. This is a gathering of PM stalwarts in the region and the PMI global hierarchy which would be an immense opportunity for Sri Lankan Project management community to fraternize with.
The Target audience for this conference would be: Senior officials from Central and Local Government C-Level executive, and Senior project Management Staff from the following industries:
- Information and Telecommunication Technology
- Construction and Infrastructure Development
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Retail and Manufacturing
- Utilities, Transport and Logistics
- Banking and finance
- Academic, Research and Development
Various partnership opportunities are available as outlined below to affiliate your esteemed organization with what is expected to be a highly successful and influential event. This event will attract numerous senior officials from the project management arena as well as senior policy and decision makers, thus making it very attractive for sponsoring organizations wishing to showcase their capabilities and network with these delegates.
The annual PMI Sri Lanka Chapter Conference offers a unique opportunity to showoff company’s products and services to a professional PMI-audience. This Grand event provides increased visibility of products and services while supporting the project management community in all major areas of Sri Lanka industry. The Conference offers a variety of partnership levels. Each increasing level of partnership includes an expanded level of visibility, marketing, conference attendee interaction, participation in key Chapter events, and exhibition of products and services.