2012 PMI Board of Directors
Mr. Bounds has more than 30 years of experience in program and project management, in addition to large-scale systems development. He is currently a senior vice president at Booz Allen Hamilton, with management consulting responsibilities for the U.S. Air Force and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Mr. Bounds is a retired U.S. Air Force officer and has held previous positions as a sector director at Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute and as executive vice president and chief operating officer at Robbins-Gioia, LLC.
A PMI member since 1989 and PMP® credential holder since 1991, Mr. Bounds has been active in the Mile-Hi Chapter (Denver, Colorado), Pittsburgh Chapter (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) and the Washington, DC Chapter.
Additionally, Mr. Bounds was an active participant in the initial Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3®) working group.
In 1995, Mr. Bounds received an award for being a founder of the PMI Information Systems Specific Interest Group (SIG).
Mr. Bounds was elected to the PMI Board in 2007 and was chair of the board in 2010. In 2009 he was vice chair and chair of the Strategic Planning and Program Alignment Committee. He also served as chair of the Performance Oversight Committee in 2008. His other honors and awards include:
- Elected to the board of directors for the U.S. Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association, Washington, D.C. Chapter, serving a three-year term
- Recipient of the Federal Computer Week Federal 100 Award—one of 100 executives having the greatest impact on the U.S. government information systems community
- Recognized speaker and author in project and IT management
Mr. Bounds’ education and military service include:
- M.S. Information Systems, University of Southern California
- B.B.A., Information Systems, Texas Tech University
- U.S. Air Force, 1968–1989